Wednesday, February 23, 2011

San Francisco Polenta Bread

                                                   
Simple, robust cornbread that is moist and flavorful.

1 cup GF flour blend
1 cup polenta
3 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
3 T. agave syrup
1 egg, beaten
1 cup low fat buttermilk
3 T. olive oil or unsalted butter
 
Preheat oven to 425 F.
 
Mix all ingredients together. Do not over blend. Pour into an 8 inch pan and bake 25 minutes or until golden. May also be made as muffins, but reduce cooking time by 10 minutes.
 

1 comment:

  1. Just made this- I used rice bran syrup in place of agave, and rice milk in place of butter milk as my daughter cant have dairy. (had to add about 1tbsp of flour as it was a tad too runny because of this I think) I also added mixed herbs and flax seed as they were accompanying a carrot and ginger soup I made. I made 12 small muffins and they were perfect! Soft and delish. Will be keeping this recipe as a regular. Thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete